Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It's Over...We Made This...

OK...The voting is over, we have a President...Almost... All that's left is the swearing in. From my 65 plus years of observations, Trump is going to end up 1 of 3 ways. Like Kennedy, Nixon, or Obama. He won't be an Eisenhower unfortunately. He's on the wrong side of the table and may never be able to admit to biting off more than he can chew, and his cabinet of corporate raiders is going to get him in some deep sh*t. He may end up like Obama with disappointments and failed good intentions. Sadly, we all know how Kennedy ended up...My bet is he'll end up more like Nixon, but leaving office early in disgrace. Look, America made this. We're already the laughing stock of the world, so this is par for the course. Can we really afford this? Apparently we can.
It's over and done, so can we please all just shut up.

He's got 4 years. I have little faith in humanity, but I believe most of us have looked in the mirror and thought how the hell did our country get here...But cheer up. We don't look like Aleppo yet...a pile of bombed out rubble with citizens killing each other. Although, there are a lot of guns here and who knows how much America has been broken or how much farther the hopeless can be pushed...

If Donald Trump lasts to the next election, we get to do this all over again. I'll say again, I have little faith in humanity, but then I remember from history that seven Constitutional amendments took less than one year to ratify. If we’re going to fix things, I’d say that’s the place to start. On the down side, I don't trust this Congress to have the wisdom required to open a can of beer, let alone pen and ratify a Constitutional amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment