We the People's right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".
The utter dysfunction of our Congressional Representatives and our Government in general has become so perverse and so untenable, that many Americans are loath to find ourselves once again on the precipice of insurrection and the destruction of our great Republic. Therefore, We the People hereby demand that: All Salary and benefits for all Congressional members be withheld until such time as the following legislation is passed and ratified, and that NO part of any salary or benefit be paid until legislation is passed by both House and Senate and ratification by the several States is completed.
1) A COMPREHENSIVE FEDERAL/NATIONWIDE JOBS BILL IS PASSED
2) A COMPREHENSIVE INFRASTRUCTURE BILL FOR THE ADDITION OF NEW AND THE REPAIR OF OUR CRUMPLING INFRASTRUCTURE
3) COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION BILL IS PASSED
4) COMPREHENSIVE CAMPAIGN REFORM BILL IS PASSED
5) The Supreme Court ruling of CITIZENS UNITED AND MCCUTCHEON ARE REPEALED
6) LEGISLATION THAT IMPOSES AN 8 YEAR TERM LIMIT ON ALL MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AND THE SUPREME COURT
7) NO MEMBER OF CONGRESS UPON LEAVING OFFICE SHALL BE PERMITTED TO BE EMPLOYED BY, LOBBY FOR, OR ACT AS CONSULTANT TO ANY CORPORATION, ENTITY, OR INDIVIDUAL IN WHIH THEY HAD ANY INTERACTION WITH WHILE IN OFFICE (EXCLUDES FURTHER GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT) FOR A PERIOD OF SEVEN YEARS AFTER LEAVING OFFICE.
8) A CONGRESSIONAL RESTORATION OF SIMPLE MAJORITY RULE (51%) IN BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE, ON ALL CONGRESSIONAL VOTES
9) NO CONGRESSIONAL FILIBUSTER MAY OCCUR WITHOUT A MEMBER OF CONGRESS ACTUALLY STANDING AND TALKING FOR THE ENTIRE FILIBUSTER PERIOD
Additionally, We the People demand the passage of a "Government Sanity Act", which states: Any elected official attempting to put forth any legislation that would undermine and/or cause catastrophic damage or peril to the government or people of the United States, to include its economy, and full faith and credit, shall be immediately taken into custody by the DOJ and charged with the crime of conspiracy to commit acts of Subversion against the government of the United States of America. Additionally, any civilian or entity, giving aid in furtherance of said crime whether monetary or otherwise, shall be guilty of the same crime. For the purposes of this bill, Subversion shall be defined as: A systematic attempt to OVERTHROW or UNDERMINE a government or POLITICAL SYSTEM by person or persons, WORKING FROM WITHIN; also: the crime of committing acts in furtherance of such an attempt.
We the People acknowledge and understand that this petition is in direct conflict with the 27th Amendment to the Constitution. However, given the current dysfunction of our Government and the blatant indifference paid to our grievances by our Government, We the People feel it is our only option, short of insurrection to save the Republic.
A Government, that cares only for the well being of corporations and the aristocracy while marginalizing its poor, its sick, its unemployed, its desperate and disenfranchised populous,sows the seed of insurrection and cannot long endure.